The Community Investment Program provides support for organisations and groups in the following areas: Education, Health, Environment, Enterprise Development or Identified Local Needs. Round 2 applications for the Oaky Creek Coal Community Investment Grants opened on the 1st June 2020.
To be eligible for funding, the application must:
- be from a not-for-profit incorporated organisation
- primarily benefit at least one of the communities where we operate
- demonstrate how the funding will directly benefit the local community
- demonstrate the applicants’ expertise and ability to manage the proposed initiative in a professional manner
- demonstrate financial sustainability, i.e. not become reliant on ongoing funding from Glencore
- demonstrate a high level of community involvement i.e. be widely beneficial to the community
- address a substantiated need in the community
- have clear objectives
- report back on the use of the funds by completing a post grant feedback form.
Examples of preferred projects include:
- Education and training for community groups
- Upgrading facilities and equipment for community groups
- Contributions to charitable groups that provide social services such as diversionary centres, hostels and crisis accommodation, meals-on-wheels, aged care, kindergartens
- Contributions to schools and other educational facilities for equipment or upgrading facilities.
- Sponsorship of major community events: agricultural shows, rodeos, or carnivals that promote tourism to the area.
Further information can be found at: https://glencore.smartygrants.com.au/2020OakyCreekRd2